What kind of information we collect
Personal information is information that identifies an individual. Generally, we collect the following kinds of personal information;
- your name, address, telephone number and email address,
- history records of your communication and interaction with us, and
- order history in relation to items purchased.
Non-identifiable information is data that have never been labelled with individual identifiers, and may be automatically recorded from information that your browser sends. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation only in order to help us to improve our services and products we provide. This data may include;
- your computer’s IP address,
- browser type,
- pages within our website that you visit, and
- time spent on pages, items, information searched, access time, dates and other statistics.
How we collect your information
Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide the product or service you requested or to carry out our internal administrative operations or meet relevant regulatory requirements.
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including;
- browsing our site,
- registering for an account on our site,
- placing an order from us (online),
- contacting us in regards to a product, service or purchase, and
- interacting with us on social media.
How we use your information
We collect your personal information for the purpose of providing, managing and administering the products and services we provide. We may also use your personal information to;
- verify your identity,
- respond to any enquires you have in relation to products and/or services,
- create orders, transaction records, sales agreements, and tax invoices,
- marketing and new product offerings,
- communications relevant to online events,
- provide better customer service,
- perform research and analysis,
- conduct fraud checks, and/or
- any other legal requirements.
How we store your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. That includes using a combination of technical solutions, security practices and internal processes to prevent unauthorised disclosures, including encryption of stored and transmitted data.
In instances where your personal information is sent over the website, we use the industry standard encryption software, Secured Socket Layer (SSL) 128 bit encryption. The URL in your browser will change to ‘HTTPS’ instead of ‘HTTP’ when this security feature is invoked.
We also employ programs and services to monitor network traffic in order to identify attempts to breach our security.
Any credit related information provided by you is collected and stored with Stripe. We do not have access to any credit related information provided by you.
We use ‘cookies’ when you visit our website. Cookies are small, encrypted, text files that websites place on your device, usually within your browser. They are used to improve your browsing experience by remembering login details, the content you are interested in, and other preferences in general. Cookies also gather information while you browse, such as the amount of time you spend on each page, and relay it back to the site.
By using our website, you agree to us placing these cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our website in the future. You can modify the settings on your device to prevent cookie use. Please note by disabling cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our website.
How can you access or correct your personal information
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access your personal information that is collected and held by us. You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on our website. If at any time you would like to access the personal information we hold about you, or you would like more information about our approach to privacy, please contact us.
To obtain access to your personal information;
- you will have to provide proof of identity, and
- be reasonably specific about the information you require.
If you wish for your personal information to be removed from our database, please contact us.
In accordance with Victorian Government regulations, we have set up a system for recording ALL patron's contact details (first name and a contact phone number) to support contact tracing. We will be using a paper-based approach where details will be recorded at the table. The Limerick Arms will retain each patron's contact details securely for at least 28 days after the patron has visited our venue.